Pursuant to the provisions of article 539 of the Revised Version of the Spanish Limited Liability Companies Law, approved by Royal Decree 1/2010, of 2 July, Banco Santander S.A., has enabled the Shareholders’ Electronic Forum, exclusively for the purpose of facilitating communication between shareholders on the occasion of the convening and up to the holding of the Shareholders’ Meeting.
Shareholders, once registered, shall be able to send communications to be published in the Forum; these communications shall have the following purpose:
- Proposals which could be presented as supplementary to the agenda announced in the notice convening the Shareholders’ Meeting.
- Requests for supporting the aforesaid proposals.
- Initiatives to reach the sufficient percentage to be able to exercise a minority right subject to applicable laws.
- Offers or requests represented voluntarily.
Access and use of the Forum is exclusively reserved for individual shareholders of Banco Santander and voluntary shareholders’ associations validly constituted and registered in the special registry enabled for that purpose in the National Securities Commission pursuant to 539 of the Revised Version of the Spanish Limited Liability Companies Law and other rules of implementation
So that they can access with proper guarantees, individual shareholders and voluntary shareholders’ associations will have to be registered as User of the Shareholders Electronic Forum and obtain a password.
Shareholders will have any of the following options at their disposal in order to register as a Forum user:
- Multi-channel contract: shareholders, natural persons, who have already signed the Multi-channel Contract with the Bank will be able to avail themselves of it, using the passwords and electronic signature they already have by virtue of that contract to access the Forum. If the shareholder is a Bank customer and wishes to sign this Multi-channel Contract, the shareholder can approach his or her branch or call Superline at 902.24.24.24.
- Access Contract for Electronic Vote and Delegation and Remote Attendance: shareholders who do not have Multi-channel Contract will have to sign, solely for the purpose of accessing and using the Forum and using the electronic voting and delegation mechanisms, and without any charge by the Bank, and Access Contract for Electronic Voting and Delegation and Remote Attendance (“Contract for the access and use of the voting and delegation area by electronic means and attendance of Shareholders’ Meeting via remote communication media”).
In order to sign this contract, the shareholder will have to access the "Request passwords" section of the website of the corresponding Shareholders Meeting, which will be operational from the time the Meeting is convened, and following the instructions given.
If you have already activated your Access Password, then you can access
the Shareholders Electronic Forum here.
To consult the rules for the working of the Forum click here