GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE
Official website of SANTANDER GROUP comprising Banco Santander, S.A. and its subsidiaries.
This website is the property of Banco Santander S.A. (hereinafter, “Banco Santander”), a financial institution registered with the Bank of Spain under number 0049, with registered office at Paseo de Pereda, 9-12, Santander, and tax number A-39000013, registered in the Santander Mercantile Registry, sheet 286, folio 64, Companies Book no. 5, entry 1.
- Please read the following general conditions carefully. By accessing this website and any of its pages (hereinafter, the “Website”), you will be considered a user and it will be assumed that you have accepted these general conditions. Access to any of the pages of the Website may be limited by the laws and provisions of the jurisdictions in the respective countries.
- The information contained in the Website is intended primarily for use by individuals, companies, trusts, natural or legal persons or any other entity (hereinafter, individually, the “User”, or jointly, the “Users”) residing in Spain or having access from Spain. Therefore, Banco Santander and the Santander Group companies accept no responsibility for access by Users in jurisdictions where such use may be contrary to the respective laws or regulations.
USER LIABILITY AND GUARANTEE
The Users’ responsibilities are, by way of illustration but not limitation, as follows:
- To use the information and content provided to them by the Website in accordance with legislation in force, the principles of good faith and generally accepted usage, and to not contravene, through their actions in using the Website, public order or the provisions of this Legal Notice. In this regard, the Users undertake to make lawful, diligent, honest and correct use of any information and/or content to which they have access through the Website.
Therefore, the following is hereby expressly prohibited:
- Any use for unlawful purposes or that may be to the detriment of or prevent, damage and/or overload, in any way, the usage and normal functioning of the Website, or that may adversely affect the Website or any third party either directly or indirectly;
- Using the Website for fraudulent purposes or purposes in relation to criminal offences or illegal activities of any kind;
- Introducing or spreading computer viruses that may cause unauthorised alterations to the content or systems that form part of the Website; and
- Sending or distributing content in any other way that may violate legislation in force or infringe any right of any party.
Banco Santander reserves the right to reject any attempt to access the Website in cases where incorrect use of the Website takes place, or where there is a breach of any of the stipulations established in this Legal Notice or of any particular stipulations that may apply.
Users will be solely responsible for the use of the Website and for complying with this Legal Notice in its entirety. Any breach of this Legal Notice may give rise to the appropriate civil or criminal proceedings (either extrajudicial or judicial) against the User, who must hold Banco Santander and the Santander Group companies harmless in respect of any claims, lawsuits and damages the User may suffer as a result of such a breach.
SANTANDER GROUP’S LIABILITY AND GUARANTEE
All the content of the Website, both proprietary and third-party, is solely for informational purposes.
Banco Santander and Santander Group companies have obtained the information and material included on the Website from sources considered reliable. However, although reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that this information is correct, Banco Santander and the Santander Group companies do not guarantee that it is accurate, complete or up-to-date and, consequently, it should not be relied on as if it were. Banco Santander and the Santander Group companies expressly decline any liability for errors or omissions in the information contained in the pages of the Website.
Banco Santander reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel or restrict the content of the Website, the links or the information obtained through it, with no need to give prior notice.
In no event will Banco Santander or the Santander Group entities, their branches, or their directors, employees or authorised personnel be liable for any type of damages, losses, claims or expenses of any type, whether or not arising from the use of the Website or the information acquired or accessed through it, from computer viruses, from operational failures or from disruptions in the service or transmission or failures in the line. By using the Website, whether through a direct connection or through a link or other means, Users are notified that these possibilities may materialise.
It is hereby prohibited to transmit or send through the Website any illegal or illicit content, computer virus or message that in general may affect or infringe the rights of Banco Santander, of any Santander Group company or of third parties
This Website includes, as part of its content, links to other websites either belonging to or managed by third parties in order to facilitate access to information and services available on the Internet.
Banco Santander and the Santander Group companies assume no liability for non-proprietary websites that may be accessed through links or for any content made available by third parties.
Furthermore, Banco Santander and the Santander Group companies assume no liability arising from the existence of links between the content of the Website and content located elsewhere or from any other reference to content not contained in the Website. Such links and references are solely for informational purposes and in no case imply any support, approval, marketing or relationship of any kind between Banco Santander or the Santander Group companies and the persons or entities that are the authors and/or managers of such content or the owners of the websites where the content is located.
Users who use a link or access a non-proprietary website do so intentionally and at their own risk. In this regard, Users undertake to exercise the utmost care and caution when accessing or using the content or services of websites they access through the aforementioned links.
Banco Santander and the Santander Group companies do not recommend or guarantee any information obtained through a link, nor do they assume responsibility for any losses, claims or damages arising from the use or misuse of a link or for the information obtained through such a link, including other links or websites, or for the disruption in the service or in the access, or for any attempt to use or misuse a link, whether in accessing the Website or in accessing the information on other websites from the Website.
- THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION
The Website’s content includes a compilation of third-party content on several areas of interest at national and international level, including the economy, the financial sector, taxes, responsible banking and digitalisation. The provision of third-party content is only for general information purposes and does not constitute a recommendation or request to buy or sell any product or insurance policy or to make any other type of investment decision.
Financial and stock market information: This Website does not provide any type of investment recommendation or any legal, tax or other advice, and none of its content should be used as a basis for making investments or taking decisions. The information contained on the Website is published for informational purposes, for general use, and does not take into account the User’s particular specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs. Before deciding on any investment, you must obtain appropriate, specific professional advice. The value of investments may rise or fall, and investors must accept this fact, even at the risk of not recovering the amount invested, in part or in full. Likewise, statements of past returns do not constitute a promise or guarantee of future returns. Any purchase decision by the User must be made taking into account existing public information on the security and, where applicable, in accordance with the content of the prospectus registered with the CNMV (http://www.cnmv.es), which is available at the CNMV, the governing body of the market in question and through the company issuing the security.
- RESTRICTIONS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM.
Persons outside of the United Kingdom who invest through a Santander Group entity that is not resident in the United Kingdom will not be covered by the laws and regulations governing investor protection in the United Kingdom. These laws and regulations include rights to certain compensation, cancellation rights, access to claims and arbitration bodies and others.
Any publications and reports on the Website issued in the United Kingdom must have the prior approval of the London branch of Banco Santander, S.A., which is regulated and supervised by the Financial Services Authority” with “Banco Santander S.A., London Branch is authorised and regulated by the Bank of Spain and is deemed authorised under the UK Temporary Permissions Regime by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Banco Santander S.A., London Branch is subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- RESTRICTIONS FOR U.S. CITIZENS: (including any citizen or resident of the United States or any legal entity incorporated in or by virtue of the laws of the United States or any political subdivision of that country). If you are a United States citizen or you are accessing the Website from the United States of America (including its territories, possessions and the District of Columbia), please note that Banco Santander offers through this site the possibility of obtaining information on unregistered securities under the US Securities Act of 1933 and its related amendments. In accordance with this legislation, such securities may not be offered in the United States of America (except as permitted by the stock market regulations of that country), either through registration or exemption.
Banco Santander and the Santander Group companies shall not be liable in any event for any losses, damages, penalties or any other prejudice arising, directly or indirectly, from the use of the Website or its content by US investors.
INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
The Website is the property of Banco Santander.
The intellectual and industrial property rights and the operation and reproduction rights with respect to the Website, its pages, screens, the information contained therein, its appearance, structure and design, source code, audio files and software, and the hyperlinks from it to other websites of any company belonging to any Santander Group company are the property of, or have been assigned or licensed to, Banco Santander or the Santander Group companies, unless specified otherwise.
All names, designs or logos that make up this page are duly registered trademarks. Any improper use by persons other than the legitimate owner thereof may be prosecuted in accordance with current legislation. Third-party trademarks and intellectual property rights are prominently displayed and shall be respected by all persons accessing the Website.
Content may be downloaded and any page of the Website may be copied or printed solely for personal, private use. It hereby is prohibited to reproduce, publicise, distribute, assign or transmit, modify or delete the information, content or warnings on the Website without the prior written consent of Banco Santander.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Banco Santander guarantees that it fully complies with the personal data protection regulations and, in particular, REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter, the “GDPR”).
Access to and/or use of the Website will not entail access to or processing of the User’s personal data by Banco Santander or the Santander Group companies. In cases in which Banco Santander may access or process personal data, it will make available to the Users the related data protection policy in each case, in compliance with the duty of information, so that Users may be aware of all the information concerning the processing of their personal data, pursuant to the GDPR. In such cases, in compliance with the prevailing legislation, Banco Santander will implement the appropriate technical and organisational measures to guarantee an adequate level of security, and to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access and theft of any data provided by the User. Banco Santander also warrants that it will comply with the duty of secrecy and confidentiality regarding the personal data provided by the User on the Website.
For further information, please consult the Data Protection Policy.
APPLICABLE LEGISLATION AND JURISDICTION
These general conditions will be governed by Spanish legislation.
Banco Santander and the User submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts and Tribunals of the city of Madrid for any matters that may occur or actions that may be carried out arising from the services and content of the Website, as well as regarding the interpretation or application of, or the compliance or non-compliance with, the provisions of these general conditions.
© Banco Santander S.A. All rights reserved