Pursuant to the provisions of Section 539.2 of the restated text of the Spanish Capital Corporations Law (Ley de Sociedades de Capital) approved by Royal Legislative Decree 1/2010, of 2nd July, Banco Santander S.A. has made available the Electronic Shareholders’ Forum with the sole purpose of facilitating the communication among the shareholders on occasion of the call to and until the holding of the General Shareholders’ Meeting.
Once registered as users of the Forum, shareholders may send messages for posting in the Forum, containing exclusively:
- Proposals intended to be submitted, where appropriate, as a supplement to the agenda included in the call to the General Shareholders' Meeting or, as the case may be, in relation to items included on the agenda.
- Requests for adherence to such proposals.
- Initiatives to reach the percentage required to exercise a minority right as contemplated by Law.
- Voluntary proxy offers or solicitations.
Access to and use of the Forum is reserved exclusively to the individual shareholders of the Company and to voluntary associations of shareholders that are validly organized and registered with the special registry maintained for such purpose at the National Securities Market Commission in accordance with Section 539.2 of the restated text of the Spanish Capital Corporations Law and the regulations in implementation thereof. These associations may send offers or solicitations for voluntary representation for publication within the Forum, even if they do not have an interest in the capital of the Bank.
In order to be able to access the Forum under proper guarantees, both the individual shareholders and the voluntary associations of shareholders must register themselves as users of the Forum and obtain a set of access codes.
Shareholders have the following options at their disposal in order to register as a user of the Forum:
- Consumer Digital Banking Agreement (Contrato de Banca Digital de particulares): shareholders who are individuals and who have already entered into a Consumer Digital Banking Agreement with the Bank may make use thereof, using the passwords and electronic signature alredy available to them by virtue of such agreement for purposes of acessing the Forum. Openbank security passwords can also be used for these purposes. If the shareholder who is an individual, is a customer of the Bank and wishes to sign the Consumer Digital Banking Agreement, the shareholder may do so through Online Banking (Banca Online) or contact their branch.
- Agreement for Access to Electronic Voting and Proxy-Granting and Remote Attendance: shareholders who are individuals and who have not entered into a Consumer Digital Banking Agreement, and shareholders that are legal entities (even if they have entered into a Consumer Digital Banking Agreement) must sign an Agreement for Access to Electronic Voting and Proxy-Granting and Remote Attendance (“Agreement for access to and use of the area for voting and proxy-granting by electronic means and attendance at the meeting through remote means of communication”) for the sole purpose of accessing and, if applicable, of using the Forum and using the electronic voting and proxy mechanisms without charge by the Bank.
In order to sign this agreement, shareholders must access the "Request passwords" section of the proxy-granting, advance electronic voting and remote attendance section of the corporate website (en www.santander.com) or the Bank's internet address www.juntasantander.com or, if the mobile device is compatible with Android or Apple IOS operating systems, through the "Santander Accionistas e Inversores" application, and follow the instructions provided therein.
If you have already activated your Access Password, then you can access the Electronic Shareholders’ Forum here.
Click here to view the rules of operation of the Forum.